Sunday, September 7, 2008

Camping

This past Friday night was my ward camp out. It was up North between Payson & Heber. I haven't been camping in really long time so I thought it was be fun. And the weather up North is amazing. So my roommate Jodi and I left right after work on Friday. We thought it would only take us about 2 1/2 hours to get there so we didn't think it would be a problem finding it. Well, it took us over 3 hours to get there and by the time we thought we found the turn off, it was almost 8:30 and pitch black outside. So we start driving down the road and realize that there no signs and we have no idea where we are going. We drive a little further and come to a fork in the road. By now, we have been driving on the road for a good 15 minutes and both of us need to use the bathroom. So we pulled over and decided to go to the bathroom. Now, Jodi is obviously more skilled than I am, because she went to the bathroom no problem. I on the other hand, had problems. There is a reason I normally try and hold it when I go camping. And this is the reason... I ended up peeing all down my leg. I start yelling, "how do you pee without getting it all over"? Jodi couldn't stop laughing and I couldn't stop peeing. Good thing I had wet wipes in the car and an extra pair of clothes. After I clean myself up, we decide to go left and continue down the road. Right when we were going to turn around, we FINALLY see a small sign that says our ward name. I turn to Jodi and said, "watch us bust right into camp when the ward is having a spiritual thought around the campfire". We go down the bumpy, dirt road and couldn't stop laughing. As we are going up a small hill, we come to the top and what do the highlights shine on? THE WARD SITTING AROUND THE CAMPFIRE!! It was amazing. So we drove around and found a place to park/hide. After all of that, we still had a great time at the camp out. It turned out to be a lot of fun!


4 comments:

Yours Truely said...

lol. Oh Janet... a camping trip is not complete unless there is one "pee down the leg" story!!! It sounds like you handled it with grace and class :P. Love you cuz!!!

Kerstin said...

Hillarious! I can't believe you shared that on your blog. So funny! I miss you.

Em and Jorg said...

I peed just reading about you peeing. You crack me up! I'm glad you had fun :)

Christine Hanes said...

You are sooo funny! You make me smile! I love ya.